Jr. Contracts Administrator
San Diego, Ca
Jr. Contracts Administrator
Assist with end-to-end Department of Defense (DoD) contract activities: from the evaluation of Solicitations/RFPs to contract award and administration. Manages and coordinates all activities involved in the administration of all DoD contracts and subcontracts in accordance and compliance with Federal Regulations. Directly responsible for contract negotiations, Teaming and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in negotiations with public, government and union sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform proposal and contract/subcontract reviews.
- Review all contract/subcontracts modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with all DoD contract reporting requirements.
- Ensure internal compliance with the terms and conditions of awarded contracts.
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Identify and mitigate contractual issues proactively to minimize risk.
- Notify President/CEO of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Prepare RFP packages for prospective subcontractors, as well as evaluate responses.
- Develop, issue and negotiate subcontract agreements.
- Develop, execute and administer Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements.
- Brief Finance Manager on the contractual obligations of awarded contracts.
- Establish agreements with Joint Ventures and participate in upfront discussions on DoD contract proposals.
- Manage cross-functional requirements from team leads.
- Analyze opportunities and report recommendations to President/CEO to aid in the decision to bid or no bid.
- Develop policies and document best practices that conform to federal government regulations with the goal of the company securing formal government approval of its proposals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
- 2+ years of experience with Government or Department of Defense (DoD) contracts and Defense Contracts Management Agency (DCMA).
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- A critical thinker capable of detailed analysis and evaluation while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent people and communication skills; comfortable presenting comprehensive written and verbal presentations.
- Demonstrates initiative and a self-starter, adaptable and highly motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Employ skills of active learning and listening, critical thinking, employment of learning strategies, monitoring/assessing work performance and complex problem-solving skills – to make improvements, develop alternative procedures or take corrective actions.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be forward thinking, collaborative and solution oriented.
- Must be a Self-starter. Sufficiently motivated or ambitious without the help of others.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with company management, business area leads, functional counterparts and team members in a professional manner.
- National Contracts Manager Association (NCMA) a plus.