Assistant Business Development and Proposal Manager
La Mesa, CA
*This is an on-site position. Please read the entirety of the posting before applying.
Reports to the Operations Manager and Business Development Manager and directs the business development activities of Omni2Max, Inc. and drives the new sales business for the company playing a key role in the company’s bottom line. Responsible for coordinating with the B.D manager in seeking out new business opportunities, assisting with writing proposals for the company. Develop, coordinate and implement plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities or as duties assigned. Provide weekly status briefs informing leadership of the plans of action and milestones (POA&M).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the assisting of the management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate business development ideas.
- Identifies and helps to develop strategic relationships with business partners and/or potential government customers.
- Develops and manages business development pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting.
- Manages the sales and marketing functions of the business.
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth.
- Research, planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new opportunities.
- Act as Capture Manager on all proposals and Sources Sought Notices (SSN)/Request for Information (RFI) Responses.
- Lead a team to plan proposals and pricing.
- Proposal writing and development. Lead Red/Gold team reviews.
- Maintaining Sales Force. Forecasting sales targets and making sure they are met.
- Prepare reports on project performance to Vice President.
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Must have experience with working on federal contracts
- Negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Proven track record of increasing revenue through generation of leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Excellent communication, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment at all levels and influence them to move in the purposed direction.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques.
- Team working and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with company management, business area leads, functional counterparts and team members in a professional manner.
- Self-starter. Sufficiently motivated or ambitious without the help of others.
- Employ skills of active learning and listening, critical thinking, employment of learning strategies, monitoring/assessing work performance and complex problem-solving skills – to make improvements, develop alternative procedures or take corrective actions.
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays, 401K Matching, Employee Assistance Programs, etc.