La Mesa, CA
DESCRIPTION:Reports directly to the President & CEO. Responsible for all accounting functions from day-to-day transactions to year-end reporting. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to the President & CEO. Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This position has broad responsibility over financial matters, while also supporting new business opportunities and growth in corporate strategies. Related areas of experience include accounts receivable/payable, payroll, account reconciliations and analysis, month/year-end reporting, as well as ongoing forecasting and budgeting activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manage the semi-monthly payroll in order to ensure that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Perform a detailed review of product revenue / deferred revenue reconciliations to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and corporate policies.
- Responsible for the revenue close, monthly journal entries preparation along with monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Create, implement, and maintain revenue dashboards
- Prepare ad hoc revenue analysis as requested and respond to auditor queries
- Participate in recurring status update, forecast and review meetings with internal business partners.
- Review and analyze financial information for management decision-making.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of the following: GAAP, CASB, CAS, FAR, DFARS, DCAA, DCMA, WAWF
- Must have working knowledge and experience with government contracts. No exceptions!
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Must have Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Must have at least 3+ years of experience in government contracting.
- Job cost/project-based accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Incurred Cost Proposals (ICPs) and Government Contracts (FARS)
- Experience with general ledger and financial statements, GAAP
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, and attention to detail
- Time management and organizational skills. Ability to successfully prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must perform accounting functions at all levels.
- Excellent communicator – with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Team spirit/team player.
- Ability to interact effectively with company management, business area leads, functional counterparts and team members in a professional manner.
- Self-starter. Sufficiently motivated or ambitious without the help of others.
- Employ skills of active learning and listening, critical thinking, employment of learning strategies, monitoring/assessing work performance and complex problem-solving skills – to make improvements, develop alternative procedures or take corrective actions.
Job Type: Full Time Salary: $60,000 – 70,000 (DOE) Benefits: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays & 401K