senior Training Specialist (Fleet Training Management)
San Diego, CA
TOP SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- Works on high-visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties identified independently.
- May oversee the efforts of less senior staff and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job. Relevant experience includes:
- Research and analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop, recommend, and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Specialized systems analytical support experience with a Navy acquisition program or related/comparable experience with Department of Defense (DoD) agencies.
- Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing systems, and review system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations. Analyze and recommend solutions.
- Transform user requests or requirements into technical design specifications and serve as a liaison between various parties.
- Coordinate with Ship Training Officers to schedule NAVWAR training courses to fulfill the ship’s training requirements
- Research current installed variants of NAVWAR equipment, current ship requirements, validate training prerequisites, manage quota control for NAVWAR courses, and provide briefs to ships and training conferences
- Work with program offices to assign W-CINs in accordance with local policy and work with NAVIFOR to maintain current course information and deactivate courses when appropriate
- Analyze training quota utilization and evaluate current Fleet training requirements. Track and manage course schedules, online course listings, prerequisites, convening’s, and graduations
- Experience in applying data management, analysis, and visualization
- Experience using Navy-wide training tools such as: CeTARS, FLTMPS, CANTRAC, and ENTRS
ACCEPTABLE EDUCATION REUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years of additional relevant work experience; or
- Associate degree + 8 years of additional relevant experience; or
- 10 years of additional relevant work experience
PREFERRED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 10 years of relevant work experience
SALARY: Depends on experience
Start Date: Summer 2021
Job Type: Full Time