San Diego, CA
· Knowledge in general port management and vessel operations
· Demonstrates exceptional relationship management abilities for successful business partnerships.
· Be proactive and able to move forward in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment across various teams and time zones, with a strong bias for action.
· Comfortable with technical operational information and use of sophisticated planning applications.
· Attention to details.
· Anticipate and respond to vessel daily needs.
· Provide direct support to program and vessel operations management.
· Maintain frequent and regular communications with vessel Master and crew.
Provides oversight for vessel support operations while in port.
· Coordinates all activities to ensure all preparations and confirmations are in place prior to a vessels’ arrival.
· Coordinates Vessel mobilization and demobilization planning with the client and supporting activities.
· Oversees coordination of waste offload process, to include approval of Waste Management System requests from vessels.
· Identify and maintain local vendors and quote all local purchasing to ensure the best market products, services and prices.
· Provide purchasing and logistics support. Ensure vessel requisitions are reviewed, correct, and when approved, track purchases and ensure delivery to the vessel.
· Track charter and contract documentation requirements including vessel logs, reports, invoices, and documentation.
· Manage and communicate crew rotation plans and supporting logistics.
· Arranges shore side security functions for the vessel based on requirements of each port.
· Acts as direct liaison between the vessel and government officials to ensure efficient clearance of vessels. This includes arrangement of inspections and documentation as necessary.
· Develops and maintains standard operating procedures for all turn ports.
· Responsible for relationships with port agencies, to include day to day operations, training, and audit of performance. Also, to include updating contacts and maintaining detailed information on ports and harbor costs. Ensures that the vessel is provided updated information.
· Requests and confirms berth reservations and port arrangements based on vessel itineraries worldwide through the assistance of a port agent or government activities.
· Periodically travels to ports to audit operations for improvements and efficiencies.
· Available for Emergency Response Operations as assigned..
· Works with technical and nautical groups for dry/wet docks and special projects, as necessary.
· Ensures that correct information is posted and updated throughout the many information repositories (documents, web site, etc.).
· Works with the deployment and itinerary planning teams to identify any potential itinerary improvements or required changes.
· Communicates operational changes which will impact cost.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience in related area.
· 5 years of port operation, shipping or logistics, or relevant vessel industry experience preferred.
· Proficient in software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Location: San Diego, CA,
Job Type: Full Time
Start Time: Late Fall 2021