San Diego, CA; Hunstville, AL; Remote
The selected candidate will interact with the customer on technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Must have a working knowledge of Air Force maintenance and supply databases including , but not limited to, the Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS – GO99, GO81, GO54), Secondary Item Requirements System (SIRS – D200A), Stock Control System (SCS – DO35A/K), Global Combat Support System (GCSS) Data Services, MISTER Item Identification Control System (DO43A), Requirements Data Bank (D200A), and Execution and Prioritization of Repair Support System (EXPRESS – DO87X).
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Providing all infrastructure required to make the J-RAMS C/KC-135 DM system operational and web-based accessible including web servers, application servers, .mil connectivity, backup power systems, etc.,
- Providing system support for the database servers, web servers, application servers, workstations, and .mil network by maintaining system configuration, backups, security updates, license maintenance, and compliance to Government networking regulations,
- Providing database support by maintaining the Oracle database with the latest updates, performing system performance tuning, incorporating new data, and continually maintaining the system to ensure its operational health and availability, and
- Providing data support by establishing/maintaining Interface Control Documents with each data system that will send data to the J-RAMS C/KC-135 DM, performing the services necessary to ensure the data received from each sending data system is in accordance with the documented agreement with that data system., ensuring the integrity of the data is maintained as it is loaded into the C/KC-135 DM, and providing maintenance and update of the Work Unit Code/NIIN cross-reference tables as required.
Education and Experience
- Active Security Top Secret Clearance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Field or related.
- 20 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience with C/KC-135 Joint-Reliability Availability Management System (JRAMS) preferred.
Job Type: Full Time
Start Time: Summer 2021